Granada Hills High Class of '87

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

7/6/10 Dating's fun. You should try it!

Dear Reader,

Look. These are my daily ramblings... so if your looking for wit, you're probably not going to find it here... perhaps, at least. wish I could copy and paste some of my Word docs into this thing, but it won't seem to let me. Currently in the middle of the dating process, so that should initiate some interesting blogs, no? Yep, divorced 2 years, and separated years longer. Life is good... oh yeah... I've got a girl right now, who I've been seeing a few weeks. It's time to cut it off, and we all know how much FUN that's going to be. I'm not sure which one is worse; being the rejector, or the rejectee... whatta you think? Huh... I was the rejectee just a few weeks prior, and look how far I've come :) Honestly, I can't really figure out what the hell happened with the prior girl (Brittany). Think she may have been... i don't know...? Unstable to a degree? Can't tell, but there was obviously something about me that freaked her out... Strange, I think I'm a nice guy. Perhaps sef-deluded? You decide. So now it's Madeline, and she's way into me. I should have cut it off after the first date, but you know how it is; I had to make sure... Unfortunately, it's worse now, than it was a week ago... Damn. Oh, by the way, I'm 40. So, yeah, let me tell you something... you don't want to be dating at 40 . Nightmare. you have to re-learn all of the shit you knew when you were 20, but this time there are strange twists. This time, the girls have had enough time to accumulate quite a bit of baggage. Ooooohhh yeah... Approaching a girl at 40, is like walking across a mine field. You KNOW there are all these explosives just under your feet, and you KNOW that sometime during the conversation your gonna plant your foot right fucking smack-dab on top of one... and from girl to girl, the field in totally different. So you can't plan ahead! Nope. You have to simply resign yourself to the fact that you will be heading home that night, more than likely missing a body part (figuratively, of course). Could be anything by this age; distrust of men (you can usually assume this across the board), all kinds of insecurities, etc... Screwed up from past dudes, screwed up from their upbringing... Oh, and I forgot to mention, I live across the water from Seattle. which complicates things for me, because I simply don't get the girls up here... and, for the most part, they don't get me. I grew up in L.A. Girls up here are just... i don't know...? weird. Very few with a good sense of humor either. I don't know, maybe my humor's off, or dark, or something... and their personalities. I meet these girls who are like... fish floating at the top of a bowl. I just want to start yelling, "come on babe! Wake up! Is there any life in there? Any deep thought going on? Any thoughtful opinions on the world you live in, other than the typical Northwest bullshit; like recycling, rock climbing, kayaking, and liberal politics... God almighty, I love a cute girl as much as the next guy, but please God... give me a girl with some personality... who can think and converse well. I don't know, I guess this is going to be a long process... So, I suppose I should be off to work now... Ugg... I REALLY don't want to deal with Madeline. I know she's waiting for me to call her back, and I really don't want to... fuck. It's gonna be a whole fucking thing. Isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home